The airfield at Deopham Green became the home of various commands including military police, weather, quartermaster corps, ordnance and supply divisions, and the 457th Bombardment Group (Heavy) with its complement of B-17’s. The 457th BG entered service on February 5, 1944 in preparation for D-Day. Today the airfield is completely returned to farming, although one runway has been narrowed to become a road. This monument is one of the few indicators that heroic aviators flew from here.
For additional art, click on Collections buttons for drop-down menus
[cc_product sku=”raf-deopham-green” display=”inline” quantity=”true” price=”true”]